Saturday, March 3, 2012

2012 Goals

I'm hoping that publishing my goals for 2012 will help me achieve them - I've let the running slip terribly over the last year, and am particularly disappointed today as the Umstead Marathon is taking place - and I'm not fit enough to be running in it.

I started running again seriously in 2006 as a way to stay fit for long hiking and climbing trips - living in Raleigh doesn't lend itself to training in the mountains several times a week.  But participating in a few races - the Umstead Marathon and Uwharrie Mountain Run to name a couple - has been a lot of fun, and it's taken on a life of its own. 

My recreational goals this year are:

- Log 1,000 foot miles
- Climb 6 ultra-prominence peaks.  Four in Arizona in April and two in Switzerland in June
- By the end of the year, be in shape to finish the Uwharrie 40 miler in 9 hours (a tall order as I haven't run a marathon in under 4:30).

I'm behind on my 1,000 mile goal, with only 102 thus far.  But, I've been building up.

No comments:

Post a Comment