Thursday, November 8, 2012

Croatan 24 Hour Preview

I run my first ultramarathon Saturday morning - the Croatan 24.  At least, I hope it will be an ultramarathon.  Training in July-September was great - 120-130 miles a month.  In October I dropped to 56 miles to conserve energy and gained 5 pounds to ensure a tight fit of my running shorts.  Everything's going according to plan.

Looking forward to it.  Training can really compete with family, work and other hobbies, so I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to do another one.  My goals are:

  •  Complete at least 50 miles, with a stretch goal to keep moving the entire time
  •  Avoid bleeding due to chafing or falling
  •  Hallucinate at least four times
  •  Maintain fluency in English, mainly to complain about my self-inflicted situation
  •  Avoid sleeping
  •  Remain married after my long-suffering wife supports me all night...despite smelling like a locker room, farting with reckless abandon and asking for favors with a whiny whiny voice
  •  Count how many times I claim "I'll never do this again," then see how long until I sign up for another one of these
Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment